Monday, August 21

The Dreaded Tag!

My Dadness tagged me, here. So, I guess I'd better play! Um, not that I mind -- I'm into these things!


1. One book that changed your life: Just one? OK, A New Kind of Christian, Brian McClaren.

2. One book that you’ve read more than once: The Prince of Tides, Pat Conroy. (PLEASE, do not see the movie. Read the book.)

3. One book that you'd want on a desert island: The Bible. I actually like the RSV.

4. One book that made you laugh: The Sweet Potato Queens’ Book of Love, Jill Conner Browne.

5. One book that made you cry: Velvet Elvis, Rob Bell. I shrieked with glee, hugged the book, laughed, cried, and did a happy dance.

6. One book that you wish had been written: How to Differentiate Between Puritainism and Christianity.

7. One book you wish had never been written: I, too, vote for the Left Behind series.

8. One book you are currently reading: The History of Love: A Novel, Nicole Krauss

9. One book you’ve been meaning to read: A Generous Orthodoxy: Why I Am a Missional, Evangelical, Post/Protestant, Liberal/Conservative, Mystical/Poetic, Biblical, Charismatic/Contemplative, Fundamentalist/Calvinist, Anabaptist/Anglican, Methodist, Catholic, Green, Incarnational, Depressed-yet-Hopeful, Emergent, Unfinished CHRISTIAN, Brian D. McLaren

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fun to see the tag continuing - crazy, chain-like-thing that it is. More fun to see our similar tastes in books... and similar turn-offs in books.

Mark

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster