From my dearest Teena Weena:
When her totally precious son told her that he didn't like any of "the losers she'd been with" and "should have just stuck with my dad."
She said, "Thank you, Michael."
"I'd rather be alone and scratching my ass with a stick than be with your father."
She made me snort!!!!!!!!! At work!
Monday, November 21
From my dearest Teena Weena:
Said Tasty at 1:58 PM
Thursday, November 17
I keep having to copy you. Good for fun. Not so good for the creativity!
Favorite Color: Red.
Favorite Food: Garlic, chocolate, butter, cheese.
Favorite Band/Singer: This week it's Jason Mraz. (Oh, wait, it has been for like 49 weeks in a row.)
Favorite Hobby: Vacationing.
Favorite Movie: Princess Bride, Life of Brian, Holy Grail, Ghostdog: The Way of the Samurai. (Which one of these doesn't belong?)
Favorite Sport: Clothed or nekkid?
Favorite Season: I love all of them except February. (Yes, I know that's a month and not a season.)
Favorite Day of the Week: Friday!
Favorite Ice Cream Flavor: Cake batter from Cold Stone.
Favorite Time of Day: Probably 2:00 in the morning.
Current Mood: Restless.
Current Clothes: Black skirt, black stockings, black shoes, black and green chenille jacket.
Current Underwear Color: Don't remember.
Current Desktop Picture: One of The Fig and me.
Current Nail Color: French manicure on fingers, "Windy City Pretty" on toes.
Current Time: 3:13 p.m.
Current Surroundings: Office.
Current Annoyances: My tummy is a lil' achy.
Current Thoughts: I have to go help Teena Weena now.
First Best Friend: Lisa Poole.
First Screen Name: kmiller1866 or something like that.
First Pet: Terrier mix doggie named Scrappy.
First Tattoo: Crown on my lower back.
First Crush: Brent Glossinger in 4th Grade. Or 3rd, I forget.
Music Group: Hm, something super lame, I'm sure. Oh, wait, Bay City Rollers! Told you it was super lame.
First Car: 1972 VW Microbus. Damn, I wish I still had that car.
Last Cigarette: Never.
Last Drink: Coca-cola today, red wine with Matt.
LastTime on Drugs: Prozac, this morning.
Last Kiss: Too long ago already!
Last Movie Watched: Pulp Fiction.
Last CD Played: India.Arie.
6 Have You Evers…
Have you ever dated one of your best friends? Yes.
Have you ever broken the law? Yes.
Have you ever been arrested? No.
Have you ever skinny dipped? Yes.
Have you ever been on television? Don't think so.
Have you ever kissed someone you didn’t know? Yes.
5 Places You’ve Been…
Hell and back.
4 People You Can Tell Anything To…
3 things you can hear right now:
People shutting their computers down.
The call of a nice martini.
3 things you can’t live without:
3 things you do when you’re bored:
Black or white: Black, dahhhhling. It's almost too fabulous for me!
Hot or cold: It certainly depends upon the proximity of a swimming pool.
1 Thing You Want To Do Before You Die…
Publish a story so rich and lucid that it inspires someone to become a writer.
Said Tasty at 3:07 PM
Wednesday, November 16
And I'm pleased to report that I have told my boss all about my accomplishments. They are as follows:
- looked cute
- laughed loudly
- became slightly less confused, and
- checked my email.
No, I'm not kidding. I really said that. However, I didn't put it in my written performance plan. Just in an instant message. I'm so proud. Surely my father, who had an actual career, is, too.
Said Tasty at 4:17 PM
Monday, November 14
- Beauty is painful.
- Beautiful things are difficult.
- What the hell was I thinking taking on this task?
- Every good idea eventually degenerates into very hard work.
- Everything worth anything costs dearly.
Said Tasty at 6:23 PM
On Sunday afternoon I discovered my Uglydog in bed with an obviously satisfied and SMOKING talking Edna doll. Oh the humanity! Er, doll-ity?
Such a scandal.
Said Tasty at 10:29 AM
Saturday, November 12
1. Spell your first name backwards: YECATS
2. Story behind your name: It was between Stacey and Nancy. That’s all I know. I like Stacey, pretty much.
3. How old are you: 36, motherfuckers!
4. Where do you live: DOWNtown Indianapolis. Lurve it.
5. Wallet: Hot pink leather Kenneth Cole Reaction, the perfect size. A total bargain from TJ Maxx.
6. Toothbrush: The new one from the dentist. Hey, look at me, I remembered to go to the dentist!
7. Jewelry worn daily: Silver bracelets, crown charm on gold chain, mix-metal earrings, at least one ring, usually some moonstone (from Allie and from Todd), and a little gold hoop in one of the 7 holes in my ears.
8. Pillow cover right now: Light blue. Matches the sheets. Mmmmmmm, sheets!
9. Sunglasses: I really need to consider wearing sunglasses.
10. Favorite shirt: The $14.99 tank I bought at Target this summer.
11. Cologne/Perfume: Lots of them. Eau de Cartier is my current favorite. I prefer the oakmoss/woods type smells.
12. CD in stereo right now: Mix from the wedding I attended last weekend.
13. Piercings: Only ears right now.
14. What you are wearing now: Velvet sweatshirt, lace tank, jeans, chunky black shoe.
15. Wishing: That I could fix situations. I know it’s not always my job, but I wish I could anyway.
16. Wanting: To be as healthy as possible.
17. After this: Getting Allie off.
18. If you could get away with it and murder anyone who would it be? Not really interested in putting that much ick out there.
19. Person you wish you could see right now: The Numbers.
20. Favorite movie: The Princess Bride
21. Something you're looking forward to in the coming week: All kinds of stuff!
22. The last thing you ate: Chicken sammich.
23. Something you are deathly afraid of: Losing my brother.
24. Do you believe in love at first sight? Nah.
25. What is the longest you've ever stayed up? Two days.
26. Can you eat with chopsticks? Yes.
27. What's something that you wish people would understand better: Theirdamnselves.
28. What's something you wish you could understand better? Systems analysis.
29. What is something that you wish was still around? I wish VBF and family lived real close!
30. How many people have you kissed? Hell if I know.
31. Would you sacrifice your favorite possession for your best friend: Absolutely.
32. Where is your favorite place to shop? Nordstrom.
33. Have any tattoos: Yes. Crown on back, 9-pointed star on leg. Want to get some greek words around my ankle.
34. What is your favorite thing to wear: Diamonds, dahhhhhhling!
35. How much is the most you've ever spent on a single item of clothing: $240, I think.
36. Who is the least fashionable person you know? Sheila Thomas.
37. What is the worst trend you see today- ugly trends? Mmmm, don't know.
38. Do you do drugs? Prozac, mostly.
39. What would you change about yourself? I wish I'd have started earlier on some stuff.
40. What are essentials in your life ? My friends, my family, God, coffee.
Sorry, I had to renumber them. Hehe.
Said Tasty at 2:26 PM
Tuesday, November 8
Just because I haven't been posting doesn't indicate that I haven't been writing! Stay tuned for something I'm referring to as "Why Tolerance is a Crock of Shit."
Said Tasty at 4:58 PM