Monday, May 12

The other half of what white people like.

#51 Living by the Water
Truly a lovely dream, here in landlocked Indiana. I probably wouldn't give a rat's ass, but I used to live ON THE BEACH. Like, 50 yards from the Pacific.

#52 Sarah Silverman
Mostly, no. Sometimes v-e-r-y funny, but really not my swirl.

#53 Dogs
Don't even get me started. I'm in-sane over dogs. Don't even know why, exactly, I'd just love to have a huge yard somewhere temperate and 12 dogs.

#54 Kitchen Gadgets
Nah. Those are for the man in our house.

#55 Apologies
When they're warranted, absolutely.

#56 Lawyers
Not overly intrigued by them; however, do find myself wondering if I could make it in law school. Actually, I know I could make it in law school. And, yes, I'm full of myself.

#57 Juno
Huh? Ohhhhhh, Juno the movie. I was thinking maybe the internet service there for a minute. Yes, loved it, but not because it's some Indie thing. I loved it because the writing was great, even though it's unrealistic. It's a STORY, they're supposed to hold you in a state of belief, regardless of reality.

#58 Japan
Sounds lovely; never been. Not at the top of my list. Italy, on the other hand...

#59 Natural Medicine
Gimme the chemicals, baby. I believe in Better Living through Pharmacology.

#60 Toyota Prius
Isn't that what my Left Coast granddad drives? (Yes.)

#61 Bicycles
Cars!

#62 Knowing What’s Best for Poor People
This one makes me sad.

#63 Expensive Sandwiches
GUILTY! My favorite is from Goose The Market right on the corner in our neighborhood!

#64 Recycling
So far, I only recycle paper. I'm a bad left-leaner.

#65 Co-Ed Sports
Once again, have you met me? My idea of sports is watching hot guys play ball.

#66 Divorce
Oh, yes.

#67 Standing Still at Concerts
I'm decidedly non-white on this one.

#68 Michel Gondry
No.idea.

#69 Mos Def
Only know who it is. Sad, sad pop-culture-less girl.

#70 Difficult Breakups
Two divorces? Check.

#71 Being the only white person around
When I was one of a couple white-ish people in my college choir, it was a total kick to be in and around people of a culture I wasn't born in. I would not say I seek this out, however. Oooooh, unless you also count the trips to South and Central America, where I guess I was in the minority, too. Cultures other than mine are interesting. Looks like I'm a white girl on this one.

#72 Study Abroad
Would have LOVED to!

#73 Gentrification
Hmmmm, according to the essay regarding this entry, I qualify in that I live in a neighborhood which is considered "up-and-coming." Where I live used to be a crack house. However, the building started a long time before we moved in (we rent), and now the taxes are at a level (very high) where the people who bought the properties from the people who owned the crack houses are actually moving out of the neighborhood. Kinda crazy. And I just thought it was cool to live close to work.

#74 Oscar Parties
Nah.

#75 Threatening to Move to Canada
No.fricking.way. No offense to Canada or its citizenry, I just love being an American.

#76 Bottles of Water
I do drink them, but the faucet is free. And what a total first-world miracle that I can drink right out of the faucet and stay healthy! And, while I'm on that, the very fact that there is a faucet is pretty damned miraculous.

#77 Musical Comedy
Occasionally. VERY occasionally. Though, I admit a certain fondness for Adam Sandler's SNL bits with the guitar.

#78 Multilingual Children
Someone else's multilingual children, maybe.

#79 Modern Furniture
Comfortable furniture is better.

#80 The Idea of Soccer
HA! That's just funny.

#81 Graduate School
Definitely. Been dreaming of it since I came to Corporate America.

#82 Hating Corporations
Been doing it since I came to Corporate America. My participation in them, actually. Corporations on the whole don't cause me to hate.

#83 Bad Memories of High School
There are about 8.3 million good memories, too.

#84 T-Shirts
T-shirt whore, right here, people. But not the wearing of them, the CREATION of the slogan on them!

#85 The Wire
I know nothing of this show.

#86 Shorts
Hi, no shorts. Ever. Bermudas maybe, but I'm a fat woman over the age of 35, we don't need to flaunt that, really.

#87 Outdoor Performance Clothes
This would require me to have a life involving Outdoor Performance.

#88 Having Gay Friends
Why pick friends based on one characteristic? If you're smart and funny, I probably can't resist you. If you're also real honest about yourself, I definitely can't resist you.

#89 St. Patrick’s Day
Isn't St. P's day for amateurs?

#90 Dinner Parties
Guilty! Always a good opportunity to show off my awesome chef boyfriend, too!

#91 San Francisco
Ehn.

#92 Book Deals
OMG, I WOULD LOVE ONE! GIMME?

#93 Music Piracy
Nah. Unless Lola does it.

#94 Free Healthcare
Ah, hell, I still don't know what I think about this one.

#95 Rugby
Nope.

#96 New Balance Shoes
Own 2 pair.

#97 Scarves
ONLY when it's freaking freezing outside.

#98 The Ivy League
Sure, I still long for Harvard. It was a girlhood dream.

#99 Grammar
Guilty as sin. Guilty as sin. Guilty as sin. Guilty as sin. Guilty as sin. Guilty as sin. Guilty as sin. Guilty as sin. Guilty as sin. Guilty as sin. Guilty as sin. Guilty as sin. Guilty as sin. Guilty as sin. Guilty as sin. Guilty as sin. Guilty as sin. Guilty as sin. Guilty as sin. Guilty as sin. Guilty as sin. Guilty as sin. Guilty as sin. Guilty as sin. Guilty as sin. Guilty as sin. Guilty as sin. Guilty as sin. Guilty as sin. Guilty as sin. Guilty as sin. Guilty as sin. Guilty as sin. Guilty as sin. Guilty as sin. Guilty as sin. Guilty as sin. Guilty as sin. Guilty as sin. Guilty as sin. Guilty as sin. But legal to be so, since I have a degree from Purdue in English, and I work as an editor. Hee!

3 comments:

MajorMike said...

Let me say two things:

1. Gimme the coffee.
2. Let me make fun of other's grammar.
c. I wanna hole in one.

Unknown said...

according to this list i am a white person. and a pirate.

christelpistol said...

you get the pirate thing from me.

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster