I have lots of regular haunts in the Internets. I tend to love the content; however, there is a problem with my favorite sites: the comments people leave after the article/video/picture. Here are a few of the sites where I simply canNOT read any of the comments. Oh, sure, I am actually physically *able* do it, but doing it makes my head explode.
- Brilliantly funny and nearly 100% true, even.
- Worst.commenters.ever. These people are quite below average in cleverness, couth, and, in addition, are mean to one another.
- Fantastic magazine! Lots of interesting literary and social news and (mostly) commentary.
- Commenters are mostly laboring under the illusion that they're morally supeirior to everyone else.
- These commenters are the ones who taught me an important lesson: those on the Outer Left have their heads as far up their asses as those on the Far Right.
- Excellent newspaper of my veryown hometown.
- These commenters are frequently cartoons of themselves.
- Many, many, many nasty judgemental comments from people calling themselves Bible-Believing Christians. (That's what actually made me stop reading the comments at indystar.)
- Is there more legal fun available in the wee hours of the morning when I should be sober and asleep? No. No, there isn't.
- These commenters, and I mean the ones whose native language is English, have no earthly idea how to behave in public. Who is this stupid in a public forum? Youtube commenters!
- Wow, this is a helpful site. If you haven't sold a car, found a rental, or bought a refrigerator from Craigslist, you're missing out.
- All I can say about this: "rant and rave" under "personals" is a sign of the end times. Srsly.