I know I just did the 101ish things, but now my girls have done a "odd stuff about me" list, and I'm joining in, 'cause I like talking about myself, anyway. Here they are.
NB: Some of these will seem strange if you don't know me real well, but if you're, say, Allie or Christel or Lauren, most of them will be normal.
- I wear a tiara in public pretty frequently.
- I like lilac nail polish on my toes. It's cute, contrary to my mom's opinion.
- I call my father "Dadness."
- I am only white on the outside.
- I'm gonna make out with Allie, take a picture of it, frame it, and put it in my living room.
- I'm straight, but I somehow think this will be a good thing.
- I also know all the lines to the Princess Bride.
- And the Holy Grail.
- And the Life of Brian.
- When I got my doggie (who I now *adore*) she was NOTHING I wanted. I wanted a baby sausage dog puppy, and I got a grown pit bull terrier, as a gift, from my former albatross.
- She cost me 100 smacks to adopt, 300 for pet deposit, and 120 for her first vet visit, which was an emergency. And, yes, I mean that I paid for all of it, (because he rarely earned much.)
- Since I figured I could've gotten a nice ruby ring for $520, I named my puppygirl Ruby. In lieu of a ruby, I got Ruby Lou. (Incidentally, Ruby Lou turned out to be a LOT better than a ruby ring.)
- One of my best friends is in love with my brother although she’s never met him.
- When I was younger I HATED HATED feet, and would screech if anyone put their foot near me, even if it was clean and in a clean sock.
- I got over it.
- I was married to a Mc Donald Land character.
- I just tried Vegan food for the first time on purpose. (I mean, I've eaten some great pasta salads and stuff my whole life that were Vegan.)
- I have met boys in person who I originally met on the internet.
- Four out of five of them have been very nice experiences.
- I tell people (whose business it isn't) that I met them in Starbucks.
- For those who I choose to tell my business to, here's how I tell them. Go ahead, you try it, it's much more explanatory that way: say, "S t a r b u c k s" slowly and deliberately with the corny quote mark hands.
- I have in my possession a very-old-lady-gramma car, AND a mid life man car.
- I've sent girls (and boys) that I love chocolate and money just because.
- I spent the 4th of July last year on a boat in Washington State.
More as warranted.