Four jobs I’ve had
- Candy counter sales girl at the movie theater inside Lafayette Square Mall. I think I had this job for 6 weeks before beginning to suffer a nervous episode due to the fact that I had to add and make change without the assistance of a calculator. And while I continue to be just a skosh math-phobic, I certainly have relinquished the majority of my propensity for performance-pressure-induced nervous breakdowns.
- Sales person at Lane Giant (Lane Bryant.) This was a mostly great job with lots of great customers and colleagues. Only one crazy boss who sincerely asked if I was kissing her ass. “Not for $3.90 an hour I’m not.”
- Cashier at Walgreens. Even though my practice husband and I could not survive on the income, it was a fun job. GREAT colleagues and many good customers. (Save the ancient screaming crazy man who once shouted, “Get it through your head! These cigarettes are only $1.50! Why don’t you get that you stupid girl?” It was monumentally difficult not to come over the counter and explain, while choking him, that I was a degreed genius.)
- The one I’m leaving! Not to be a freelance writer or anything, just to get a new job within my current company.
Four movies I can watch over and over
It’s not *that* weird a list, is it?
Four places I have lived
- Born in Patuxent River, Maryland
- Learned to love bluegrass in Nashville, Tennessee
- Remained perpetually tan in Ewa Beach, Hawaii
- Learned a schload of stuff in West Lafayette, Indiana
Four TV shows I love
- Every single decorating show, ever. Especially “on the cheap” ones.
- Good Eats
- Miami Ink
- Good night nurse! I’m actually going to admit this one: What Not to Wear. GAH!
Four places I’ve vacationed
- Dublin, Ireland
- The Villages, Florida
- Maui, Hawaii
- The Middle of Nowhere, West ByGod Virginia
Four of my favorite dishes
Four sites I visit daily
The first three of which I detest. Normal women “hate” other women because they are slender and gorgeous. I hate women who are brilliant, funnier, and better writers than I.
Four places I would rather be right now