Monday, May 2

Me, with the love.

So, I had a blue-esque sort of a day. If you've known me for say, 20 years or so, this will be no surprise to you whatsoever. If you've known me for a year, you'll wonder what went wrong. Nothing at all, I say. Just because I used to be the girl who cried for a hobby and because I'm now the girl who laughs just as much as she used to cry -- maybe more -- doesn't mean I have to be popsicles and sunshine all day every day. Get off my back, already, dammit.

Heh. Just kidding on that last bit.

I really did have a blue moment or twelve, but then I remembered that a little bit of blue never killed anyone, and was glad to have a little rain on the sand. Raindrops falling heavily, without violence, and with purpose. And the desert was happy to have the moisture. (That's where the flowers grow later.)

Additionally, I remembered the following things, which always help:

  • Beth, my VBF
  • Matt
  • Lola
  • Allie
  • Christel
  • Dande
  • Jenny Fines Cox
  • Dad
  • Mom
  • The Fig
  • Jacob, Chloe, Seth, Jude, and Simon
  • Freedom
  • Music
  • Polenta
  • Words!!!
  • Work
  • Play
  • Chocolate
  • New neighbors
  • Family history
  • Possibilities

Balance is not so bad.

Love you, mean it.

10 comments:

Allie#3ga said...

i always get a special feeling when i think of the fig too.

momma like!

but momma LOVE you!

christ*el #3tx said...

itty bitty freaking moo, baby.




more like a moo-ette?

*L'ola said...

blue is a good color on almost everybody. including the you! besides, the feeling is gonna win. no matter what. if you don't feel it as it comes it will just come back and bite you in the ass even harder. plus, would the song Unfold (which you know we adore more than extra gravy and butter) exist if the verbose mr. mraz wasn't feeling the blue?

you, with the intelligence and the love and the joy and the WORDS wouldn't be as fantabulous as you are (and you SO are) without the blue. you turn my blue purple, miss girl.

MamaChef said...

I think blue is a fine color! When we're talkin the emotion blue, well...it happens, but that's a great list to brighten the mood!

Just know, that when you're blue, remember I luv yew!!!! (good heavens, that's cheesy!!!!)

XOXOXO

christ*el #3tx said...

how bout you be blue... and ill be yellow and we can make green?


like uh.... OLIVES! in dirty marties.

Pears said...

I am so glad to be of service...although I have an inkling ( doncha just love that word??) that you just like to laugh at my name.

I love you more than you know. We need to play real soon. Call me, love.

christ*el #3tx said...

how much MORE do i love Pears for loving the word "inkling"?


yeah, i know.

NTBoi77 said...

Blue soon turns to green, then to yellow and sometimes red! I know something about rainbows. I want to make your list within a year, btw... love you!

Allie#3ga said...

i have so much to say .....

and i love you too

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » »

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster